Inspirational Interview With Orlando Perez: The Extra Mile Is The Avenue To Success
Posted by La Alemana con Alma Latina at April 18th, 2013
“When you teach you learn as well.” Orlando Perez
Today i had the privilege to interview Orlando Perez, the current Assistant Vice President, Financial Intelligence Unit at the Citigroup. He is a very contribution-driven 38-year-old Mexican-American man who grew up in the USA but lived in Mexico for a few years. He grew up with special needs siblings. That kept him grounded and focused on being a good son. He was one out of 4 Latinos at his school of 2,000.
He is involved with the Hispanic Heritage Network within Citigroup and he was chosen to be on a career panel for a Washington Heights Highschool to share his success and his strategies.
“If you do not choose to succeed, you are gonna do something else. It’s your choice!” Orlando Perez
In this interview, you will learn
- how to go to a VP career in 3 years or less
- how to anticipate change and trends
- what way of being and beliefs help to move ahead
- what #1 trait you need to be develop to get results
- what #1 strategy you must put into action to get promoted
- how you should develop yourself to succeed
- the importance of going the extra mile and turn them into little opportunities to stand out from the crowd
- how important it is to work on your emotions and the people part of the job
- the importance of coaching and mentoring to achieve from a new perspective
- how to approach challenging situation at work and turn them into a benefit
- how to create more leaders among the Latino community to the levels of Che Gevara and Cesar Chavez.
“Most people spend more time on planning their vacation than their career. That is why their vacation is better than their career.” Orlando Perez
You can contact Orlando at his LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/operez.