Let Latino Brilliance Shine! (Life of Purpose, Purpose of Life, Humble, Get Money, Change Life, Make Money Fast, Change for Life, So Happy, Happy Life)
Posted by La Alemana con Alma Latina at February 14th, 2011
1. What makes you Latina? How do you define “Latina”?
Fun question, I have never perceived myself as Latina or any other group, but as a world citizen…. Just a woman, just a person in this wonderful world… My family comes from Germany , France and Spain, I was born in Venezuela… great mix.
How do I define Latina…. ?
- A woman from spanish background
- Born in a Latin country,
- Daughter of Spaniards or Latin immigrants,
- A woman with extra spark, deep in passion, deep in feelings, deep in intuition, intelligent, sharp, fast, joyful, aware…
- Some of the above…
- All of the above…
- Not mentioned above….
Ha ha ha ha … you just made me think of what I think of “Latinas “
2. What are the experiences in your life that make you who you are and that turned you into a Latina leader?
That who has received all , has grand responsibility to give back …. That is my most important experience in life …. Otherwise, would it matter to have it all if I don’t share with anyone ? I have been blessed, and much more blessed to have the opportunity to share with as many people as I have had the pleasure to run into ….
I believe a leader is someone who is capable to allow others grow to their highest potential… I have seen many and hope to see many more…
3. What do you believe is the reason that a lot of Latinos do not let their brilliance shine as much as they could?
Selfishness and or false modesty, I don’t see why anyone of any race or credo would not shine to her or his fullest potential… not wanting to share their beauty … their gifts to the world. You got a gift that makes you especial… be the most that you can be with it and show it to the world.
Self pity or victimizing oneself, this is classic… people don’t see that their greatest blessings are those difficult times in life… many choose to blame others for their misfortune instead of growing stronger, centered, determined, secured, I wish they will open their eyes to see that they have nothing to loose, and lots to gain…
Comfort zone attachment, why make much effort?, if people get by, doing little to nothing, being mediocre, without standing out, just being part of the herd. Get out there, take risks, go on ¡¡¡… Please, remember? “Regret not what you did, but what you did not do“….
Low self esteem, any one who does not believe he or she can live life to its fullest, capable of sustaining him or herself, enjoy all life has to offer, and believe he or she deserve everything , is showing signs of low self esteem. Change these believes and life will turn around before your eyes…
Fear of success, most human beings do not like change, even if it is for the best…. “It is better to stay with the bad one I already know, that the good one I could get to know“ , this is an old saying… truly destructive… Remember,: Success is magnificent…¡
And the worse of all:
A culture of irrationality, this is hard to explain, the best way to picture what I mean is watching Latin soap operas on tv … these are the best examples of the many irrationalities in Latin culture :
- Worshiping the martirs, the poor little sufferers
- Hating the successful… and of course, the successful is always the bad guy or the mean woman
- The poor little girl in love with the handsome rich guy who happens to be her real father´s son.. and she is the daughter of some important fellow. … or some real confusing situations like that…Something truly weird and complicated along those lines
- Being poor is good and being rich is bad
- The one who suffers the most is by far the most admired
4. What is the consequence that you see for these people and their future generations if they are not living their full potential?
Living a life in the shadows… that is to me, quite a sad consequence…
5. What do you think is necessary for the Latin community to feel safe to let their brilliance shine?
Feeling safe is a personal choice, as it is to let their brilliance shine, their
Generosity show, bravery, self esteem, and success
6. Who are the people that influenced your decisions and future the most? Why is that?
Very little to no one influences my decisions…. That´s why the decisions are mine, isn´t it?
7. What are your dreams and aspirations for the Latin community in the USA and in the world?
The Latin community has Much to give, much to do, much to share…. For Latin countries I wish a strong union, education, open hearts … focused and effective actions
8. What are your own goals for the next 5 years? Why are they important for you to achieve?
There are too many to mention, I am always on the go,
- Travelling around the world,
- key note speaking,
- writing books and articles,
- learning from everyone I meet,
- enjoying life, every day,
- loving my 2 beautiful kids,
- I make people happy and rich for a living… that´s what I do…
I hope I will always will… I believe these are reasons enough to go on…
9. What else do you want to share that you believe is important for people to know?
Your most important wealth is the one inside you, whoever you are, let it be, … share with the world the magnificence in you, your heart your soul,…
10. How do you define humility and how do you apply it in your daily life when for example you must show that you are the right person to help someone … without boasting?
Humility to me is showing genuine interest in others…. When that happens everything flows… there is support, there is growth, … there is magic… and it works both ways, from me to others and from them to me….
What are you learning from Mercedes? What are you seeing in yourself now that you have not seen before? How will you use that to your advantage?